From the Beginning
David L. Spader, President of Spader Freight Services, Inc. began in the trucking business as an independent owner/operator leased to other authorized carriers. The year was 1987. Soon, however, Dave realized he wanted to expand his business beyond a
one-truck operation. As a result, Steven L. Spader, Dave’s older brother, joined the company in 1990, at which time Spader Freight Carriers, Inc. was incorporated with 2 tractors. By 1995 the company had grown to 33 trucks, all leased to other authorized carriers.
A Family Business
By July of that year Dave and Steve had obtained ICC operating authority and thus became Spader Freight Services, Inc. Younger brother John also joined the firm in 1995 as the company set out to solicit and serve its own customer base.
Growth and Opportunity
Following years of sustained growth, Spader Freight Services and Clyde Truck and Trailer Repair opened the doors to their newly constructed 56,000 sq. ft. headquarters and warehousing facility in October 1999. Located at 1134 E. McPherson Highway (US 20) in Clyde, Ohio, this beautiful new building has allowed the
company and its subsidiaries to offer a vast array of services from warehousing to distribution to heavy equipment repair.
Not content to rest, Spader Freight Services then acquired an additional 275,000 sq. ft. warehouse in June 2001 located in Tiffin, Ohio. In 2008 we completed construction of our food grade warehouse in Clyde, Ohio adding another 220,000 sq. ft.
Today our fleet is 85 trucks strong with over 100 drivers on our team. Services include:
- Regional Routes
- Contract Carriage
- Warehousing & Distribution
- Truck and Trailer Repair